MC Personnel are recruiting for a Service Engineer for a company based in Sittingbourne on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity working for a well established company that is a division of the largest Road-Rail Plant organisation in the UK.
The role involves working closely alongside the Engineering Foreman and depot management team. Working 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, however it is essential that you are open to working weekends if/when required.
Pay: £15 p/h increasing to £17 p/h when training is completed (approx. 6 months)
Essential for the role:
- Plant engineering trained to a minimum NVQ Level 2
- Knowledge of the Rail industry with basic electrical, hydraulic and diesel fault finding experience preferred
- Welding experience preferred
- PTS qualified or willing to work towards gaining a PTS qualification
- Able to work as part of a team
- Customer focused
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Carrying out instructions with respect to inspection, repair, service and maintenance of all plant machinery and equipment for hire by the company.
- Ensuring that all machines are serviced and ready for use in a clean and safe working order.
- Ensuring site safety regulations are adhered to with regards to site briefings, inductions, signing in etc.
- Required to carry out servicing and repairs of the company's plant hire equipment within the depot and workshop
- Maintaining a thorough machine history record in line with company policies and procedures, using the correct computer or paper-based system.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date service and maintenance records for auditing.
- Maintaining good working practices and be prepared to share knowledge and explain technical information clearly to non-technical audiences.
- On Call duties: you will be required to be on call to assist in maintenance work when necessary
- AE Pension - 8%
- Company van (for business use only)
- Fuel card
- 23 days holiday per annum
Position available immediately, do not delay call us today!!