Facilitates Site Manager role located at the HM Prisons Rochester Cluster.
Facilities Site Manager
HM Prison Rochester Cluster, Kent.
Overview of the position:
As the leading supplier to the HM Prison Service for the provision of maintenance trades & support operatives, Hays is seeking to recruit multiple qualified trades and management positions including a Facilities Site Manager for the HM Prisons in Rochester, Kent.
As the Facilities Manager at the prison you will be responsible for the Operational Management and delivery of all the Facilities Management services within the large site. The position requires excellent customer relationships and supplier management skills. As part of a busy team you will be expected to contribute positively to the performance of the business.
The role will see you running a team of supervisors along with different trades covering a number of aspects. Including Electrical, Mechanical, Landscape, soft services etc. Overall you would be running a site of about 50-60 trades personnel along with specialist external contractors.
You will also have yourself a technical level of knowledge along with previous experience of managing at this level.
* Promote a culture of excellent customer service and establishing excellent working relationships with the clients.
* Review existing services, specifications, processes, productivity levels and quality control to secure and increase the efficient use of resources.
* Ensure that pre-determined output specifications and key targets are met for the region & portfolio of buildings.
* Compilation of budgetary information to assist in annual budgetary and monthly forecasting processes.
* Management of Facilities staff to include; undertaking disciplinary investigations in line with company policy; undertaking initial recruitment interviews for Facilities positions, assist in the motivation and leadership of staff.
* Recruitment and induction of facilities staff within the region's portfolio of buildings,
* Ensure that all health and safety legislation and company policy is adhered to, within own level of responsibility (to include: undertaking role of Fire Warden and/or First Aider as required)
* Undertake regular site and service inspection tours and identify areas on non-adhered to quality standards as appropriate.
Kent Prisons have an excellent reputation as busy local prisons, which serve all the courts in the South East. They pride themselves in engaging and involving employees working alongside them in the process of change. The Maintenance role is in a unique working environment with a strong sense of team working. Always in demand, you could benefit from long-term contracts and there is also potential, to work in other prisons both locally and nationally. You must be local to the prison or have your own transport.
The prison is looking for Maintenance Supervisors. Previous experience in a prison/ public sector is not required for this role. The nature of the role requires candidates to be security conscious and able to challenge potential compromises and risks, you will also need to be reliable and consistent, level headed and have exceptional interpersonal skills. Full training on working within a prison is provided by the establishment/ department.
Security Clearance required:
All applicants will be subject to the HM Prison Service Security Clearance procedure which can take up to 4 weeks, this can include a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check. You must hold a Valid Passport or Birth Certificate & Photo Driving Licence in your current address. All applicants must be able to provide details of 2 satisfactory references, at least one from an ex-employer.