C# .NET Developer
up to £60k DOE
Our client, a data solutions provider, has a new requirement for a C# .NET Developer. We are looking for candidates with the enthusiasm to evolve with an organisation that’s powered by new and emerging technologies and the passion to get involved in the latest products, ideas and cutting-edge solutions.
25 days holiday (3 days at Christmas)
Private health (after a year)
Essential Skills for the role of C# .NET Developer
Below is a list of skills that are necessary to have an understanding of the work expected day to day;
· C# - they use .Net 4.5, .Net 4.6, and .Net Core.
· Microsoft MVC 5 Framework - used in the frontends. They use the authorisation and permission aspect of MVC5 the most here
· SQL - any SQL experience is relevant, as most concepts can be applied to the various SQL based databases used
· JSON - used for transferring data to and from multiple services. As this isn’t abstracted out in any way it is essential to know how JSON is constructed
· XML - Used extensively
Desirable knowledge for the role of C# .NET Developer
· ORMs - They use Petapoco and Entity Framework Core to communicate between the code and the database. It is essential to have an understanding of what an Object Relational Mapper does, though not necessarily how to use each of the specific ORMs
· MVC Design Pattern - While they only use MVC 5 in Frontends, all other products use the MVC design pattern to keep code in their respective places. An understanding of what that means and how that relates to separating out concerns is essential
· Queues - they use a queuing system for updating job information. It is necessary to have a high level understanding of how a queue works and the benefits of a queuing system over updating in real time
Nice to Haves for the role of C#.NET Developer
Below is a list of skills that can be learned while on the job, but would be useful to have if possible:
· SQL Server
· SOAP using Windows Service References
· Entity Framework Core
· .Net Core
· Unit Testing
· Git, GitHub for Desktop, Team Foundation Server
Working hours are 9am - 5.30pm.
Apply for this role of C# .NET Developer today!