As the Registered Manager for our client's care home for children, you will be expected to embody the company ethos by leading by example and providing support, being flexible with working hours, and supporting each individual child to meet their requirements. You will be required to work 37.5 hours a week, but flexibility will be required. You will be responsible for two homes, so travel between the two will be required.
You will be required to be accountable for all aspects of management of the home and the children.
Home management duties will include:
* Ensuring enough resources are available at all times;
* Promoting a positive environment, with positive leadership;
* Ensuring each individual care plan is being met and implemented;
* Attending meetings on behalf of the client;
* Ensuring all relevant workplace legislation is in place and adhered to;
* Monitoring and oversight of all financial activity;
* Managing and review staff performance and staff welfare, as well as hold regular team meetings.
The ideal candidate must have:
* A recognised social work or professional management qualification relevant to working with children at least to level 4 (Dip SW or NVQ Level 5);
* Previous managerial or supervisory experience gained in a residential setting that is responsible for children;
* Knowledge of legislative framework that underpins the management of Registered Care Homes and particularly the role and requirement of Ofsted.
Due to the environment the successful candidate will need to hold an existing enhanced DBS certificate that includes a child barred list check issued within the last 12 months and references will have to be provided prior to interview, current employer excluded.
If you have the experience required for this position, then please apply today to discuss the position in more detail.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.