Conveyancing Legal Secretary
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Conveyancing Legal Secretary to join their very busy Conveyancing team in Ashford, Kent. The role is to assist and support a busy Solicitor with secretarial and administrative duties. You will ideally have a Legal secretary qualification, or you must have Conveyancing Legal secretarial experience.
Salary: Depending on experience
Benefits: Discretional Bonus Scheme, Pension Scheme (salary sacrifice), Life Cover - 3x Salary, Firm Sponsored Professional Training, Reduced Rate Legal Fees, Annual Eye tests, Paid sick leave, Membership to Benenden Healthcare, Client Referral Scheme and Childcare Vouchers and a few others too.
Hours: Full time
All About the ROLE!
• Audio and copy typing all correspondence to include letters, legal forms and quotes;
• Answering the telephone in a polite and efficient manner;
• Providing clients with updates;
• Using the firm’s integrated case management system (Proclaim), for the effective processing, delivery and storage of information;
• Carrying out administrative duties such as photocopying and updating client details;
• Filing correspondence and ensuring files are kept up to date;
• Arranging appointments and dealing with clients;
• Working as part of a team with other secretaries and assistants, and helping other teams with administrative tasks and telephone cover when required; and
• Ensuring the confidentiality and security of the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information and compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations at all times.
All about YOU!
• Previous experience of working as a legal secretary in a busy conveyancing team;
• Excellent technical skills which include a fast and accurate typing speed (a legal secretarial qualification is desirable);
• Excellent communication skills and ability to adhere to the excellent client care standards set by the firm;
• Friendly, approachable and enthusiastic;
• Professional and confident telephone manner;
• Detailed and accurate in written and verbal communication;
• Excellent people skills and ability to project a positive image for the firm;
• Organised and able to prioritise, working on multiple tasks at one time, ensuring deadlines are met; and
• IT competency
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion