One of the largest employers in the area who offer a diverse mix of award-winning services/businesses from their international gateway at Dover. Established a number of centuries ago this dynamic organisation is progressively moving forward by means of expansion, development and investment.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technician (Welder/Fenderman) to join our client's Engineering Services Team. You will play an integral part in the function of the Engineering Section. You will assist the management team ensuring that the Board’s assets are maintained and repaired effectively.
• Undertake fault finding on complex equipment and implement solutions
• Carry out planned preventive maintenance in accordance with written instructions
• Undertake technical/statutory inspections and report verbally or in writing
• Carry out all work in accordance with risk assessments and various statutory requirements
• Plan/prioritise a number of complex activities with may require the formulations and adjustment of plans
• Provide training/guidance/instruction/technical advice and support to colleagues and apprentices
• Planned maintenance and inspections 20%
• Breakdowns and fault rectification 65%
• Planned and organised of tasks and other parties 10%
• Assistance and provision of technical knowledge to others 5%
• Indentured Trade apprenticeship in an appropriate discipline to min NVQ level 3 and/or associated C&G’s
• 3 years post trade-qualification experience in relevant discipline
• Technical specialist knowledge in welding and fabrication processes
• Good standard of IT literacy
• Full UK driving licence
Remuneration & Benefits
• Very competitive basic salary
• Good holiday entitlement & benefits
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained.