Not logged in to Jobsinsussex.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
£35k - 40k per year + Outstanding company benefits
Burgess Hill, Sussex
Our established international client due to business growth are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Accountant to join them.
Salary negotiable according to skills and knowledge £35K to £40K + Bonus. May consider part time hours for the right candidate, Full time hours - 37.5 - Monday to Friday plus excellent benefits including generous Bonus scheme enhanced Pension and Health Cover/Life Insurance.
Although this role is in the commercial sector, they would also look at candidates from an Accountancy Practice. Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office – Advanced Excel, with a good working knowledge of the other programmes
Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
Pro-active with a desire to improve processes and business performance.
Team player and effective communicator
Able to effectively prioritise a dynamic workload and work on own initiative reporting to the Group Financial Accountant in a small highly productive team.
·Nominal ledger maintenance and ownership for several group entities (UK and overseas)
Month-end close activities including journal posting, bank reconciliations, forex revaluations, fixed assets, inter-company billings etc.
Assist with preparation of internal and parent company consolidated monthly management accounts and associated reports to strict deadlines (listed parent company)
· Variance analysis and ability to communicate results to non-financial staff
· VAT compliance (including overseas)
· Ensure accurate coding of sales and purchase ledger invoices
· Second stage review of staff expenses and company credit card expenditure
· Monitoring of all group bank accounts including via internet banking
· Arrange bank transfers and payments as necessary
· Knowledge of the Purchase Ledger function to provide support and coverage
Assist with the preparation of statutory financial statements for several group entities.
· Inter-company reconciliations and payments
· Assist with administration of web-based timesheet system used by staff worldwide
· Key player in annual group external audit
Various ad hoc corporate and project work as required by the Group Financial Controller and other departments.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.