Not logged in to Jobsinsussex.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Trainee Exposure Management Analyst
Up to £25000.00 per annum
City of London, Greater London
Job: Trainee Exposure Management Analyst
An Insurance company in London are looking for a Trainee Exposure Management Analyst to join their expanding team. The primary purpose of the role is to work within the Modelling Team to model Terrorism risk and Nat Cat Risk, execute ad-hoc projects, to understand and use current in-house tools, and to report global exposures across all lines of business to the Underwriters and facilitate technical pricing and loss estimation.
* Process and analyse natural catastrophe risk information presented and carry out risk analysis of submissions including data quality analysis
* Work closely with the underwriters to provide findings from output
* Adding value to the underwriting process by providing insights into the modelled output and reliability of the results
* Ensure complete information is maintained in the internal system
* Assist in shaping analytical capabilities
* Use SQL queries to retrieve and update modelling information as required
Key Skills/ Requirements:
* Educated to at least A Level or equivalent
* Some knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Access, SQL and VBA an advantage)
* An interest in the insurance Market or Catastrophe Modelling
* Excellent analytical, attention to detail, organisational and communication skills
* Must be able to work independently in a team-orientated environment
This role would suit a recent A-Level or equivalent school/ college leaver or Graduate keen to secure their first role within the Insurance industry within an Analytical function. Full training and development opportunities will be provided.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.