School Mini Bus Driver [Term time only]
£11.20 - £12.84 per hour + generous holiday
Burgess Hill, Sussex
Travail Employment Group
Job Title: School Minibus Driver
Location: Burgess Hill
Duration: Need to be available between 6.30-8.30am and from 3.45pm Monday to Friday to work for all of the School's published term dates. 37 weeks p/a 20-30 hours per week
Salary: £11.20 p/h overtime £12.84
We are thrilled to be working exclusively with our prestigious client based in Burgess Hill, who are looking to appoint a School Minibus driver (Bank) to work in their friendly transport team. The Minibus Driver works as part of a team of 12 drivers, all of which operate a set route every School day. School minibuses carry a maximum of 16 pupils. There are additional runs during the School day to the local leisure centre, to take pupils to sporting fixtures and school trips, etc. There are occasional evening and weekend runs. All Drivers are asked to be flexible about carrying out some additional runs where required.
It is essential that you hold a D1 on your license and have no speeding violations. Due to the nature of the role working with children you will need to be of a calm disposition, have the ability to communicate with pupils and parents and be flexible and adaptable.
* Drive one of the school minibuses on a set route to pick up and drop off pupils to and from School, ensuring the School's driving policy is followed at all times.
* Log details of additional passengers carried to give to the Transport Co-ordinator.
* Ensure pupils adhere to the safety policies whilst en-route and that they wear seatbelts during each journey.
* After each trip, complete the vehicle log with mileage used.
* Carry out pre-journey vehicle checks including fuel levels to ensure the vehicle appears safe for each journey.
* Notify any possible safety or maintenance issues in connection with the vehicle to the Lead Driver.
* Liaise with the Transport Co-ordinator and Lead Driver regarding requests for any additional runs.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.