1st Line Support
Brighton and Hove, Sussex
Hays Specialist Recruitment
IT Service Desk Analyst - 1st line| Remote Up to £21,000 DOE
Your new role
To offer first-line technical assistance to employees, volunteers, and third-party cooperation organisations.
* To improve the client experience, respond to coworkers as soon as possible.
* Pay close attention to what coworkers say while gathering important details.
* Accurately capture and track interactions with coworkers, and be able to obtain and amend information to support management reports.
* Keep secret and confidential any sensitive information.
* Maintain best practises for effective communication with coworkers by working with management.
* Look for ways to limit the amount of work that colleagues must do (especially monotonous, low-value work), and if necessary, produce user manuals and support materials for them.
* Identify operational hazards and raise awareness with supporting evidence during team meetings.
* Have regular meetings with the team leader and share your thoughts on how to enhance the team's response times and customer service culture.
* Willing to take advice from management on how to effectively apply corporate policy to problems.
* Whenever possible, make sure that incoming Service Desk tickets are raised accurately and allocated to the appropriate support team.
* Offer first-line remote assistance to coworkers, volunteers, and third-party collaboration organisations.
* Based on the urgency and impact on the business, prioritise and manage numerous tickets at once.
* Passing along incidents to second- and third-line Service Desk analysts and other technical teams around the organisation
* Create and maintain knowledgebase articles to aid in the growth of the Service Desk Knowledge Base.
* Assist in the creation of instructions for coworkers regarding technology, applications, and other information to be displayed on the intranet.
* Continue to look for ways to improve reliable service delivery.
What you'll need to succeed
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* A strong focus on providing excellent customer service and the capacity to ask insightful questions to elicit crucial information
* Knowledge of how to assist clients in a busy service desk or client-facing setting
. * The capacity to methodically and systematically troubleshoot low-level PC hardware and software issues.
* Understanding of computing devices, such as thin clients, desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones (iPhone and Android).
* Working knowledge of widely used operating systems, such as Windows 10, Microsoft Exchange 2013, Active Directory, Azure, and Office 365.
* Support knowledge of web-based programmes including Office 365.
* The capacity to set priorities, adhere to time constraints, and maintain composure under stress.
* The capacity to defuse potentially tense situations and maintain composure and reason when interacting with difficult coworkers.
* The capacity to establish productive working connections with coworkers at all levels over the phone, via email, in person, and using other tools like Microsoft Teams
What you'll get in return
* 35 Hours per week
* 25 days annual leave
* Pension Scheme
* Fully Remote / Flexible working
What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.