Procurement Manager of Projects
£350 - £450 per day
Commercial Services Interim & Executive Search
Our local authority client is looking for a Procurement Manager to manage end to end procurement and contract management activities associated with tender management and contract management disciplines. The Council had adopted a category-led approach and your role will primarily support the corporate resources and or "Place" category teams.
You will be responsible for:
* You will implement the category strategy through proactive management of programmes and projects involving multiple stakeholders and teams
* You will deliver robust processes and plans, helping implement a stage gate procurement process
* You will support change within your category, whilst also supporting the wider transformation of the procurement department
* You will provide procurement and commercial advice in relation to projects and contracts in your category
* You will be responsible for managing risk and ensuring your supply base performs as contractually agreed, running regular review sessions with your identified critical suppliers
* You will support the end-to-end procurement process within your category, whilst being knowledgeable on EU procurement practices
* Day to day supervision of procurement officers with some responsibility for inputting into procurement officer development plans
* Responsible for ensuring auditing of supplier is undertaken and breakdown of spend is fully understood - ensuring the council receives what it has contracted for
All candidates must be able able to travel to Chichester 1-2 days per week.
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.