Not logged in to Jobsinsussex.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
GRADUATE TRAINEE Underwriting Assistant
Up to £25000.00 per annum
City of London, Greater London
Mathematics/Economics Trainee Graduate Underwriting Assistant, International Casualty Treaty
City based Lloyds Syndicate
Benefits: Competitive benefits package to include 25 days holiday, Non-contributory Group Personal Pension Plan, Discretionary bonus scheme, Private Health Insurance, Permanent health insurance, Interest free season ticket loan, Non-contributory study support scheme, Cycle to work scheme, Gym subsidy and more.
Overview of role
Forming part of a 4 person team your involvement will be to support "cradle to grave" underwriting.
As a member of the underwriting team you will be exposed to all aspects of portfolio management, from day to day underwriting to long term strategy.
Starting your career in this role will be a solid first step with a company offering a clear career development path.
Main areas of responsibility
Support the underwriting team by:
* Analysis and processing of client data (risks and claims) into our various rating models.
* Assist in pricing the portfolio in accordance with Underwriting Policy.
* Develop modern methods of data transfer and collation in conjunction with the data / technology team.
* Maintain and develop broker and client relations.
* Marketing and representation of company during trips and functions.
* General administration of the account, ensuring all systems are kept up to data.
* Assist underwriting team in production of periodic and ad hoc reports on aggregate exposure, capacity usage, stress test and quarterly reserving to help steer the portfolio.
* Liaise with other underwriting departments, Actuarial, Claims and Accounting.
* Assist with underwriting audits.
Required Skills and levels of competence
* Displays strong analytical skills with good attention to detail
* Demonstrates effective time management, adept at organising priorities
* Engages effectively with others - a team player
* Self-motivated, with a keen desire to learn
* Good communicator, with excellent written and face to face communication skills
* Abides by Fairfax Guiding Principles
* Accurate data assimilation into pricing models;
* Very good mathematical ability;
* Timely and efficient administration;
* High level of MS excel and good MS word & MS outlook skills;
* Graduate in a numerate degree;
* Prior experience with administrative platforms and processes is a bonus.
What does success look like in this role?
A successful Underwriting Assistant function means underwriters have everything in place to transact business where they are ready: the required information is in the right place at the right time and it is 100% correct.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.