Service Transition Manager
£35000.00 - £41400.00 per annum
Brighton and Hove, Sussex
Hays Specialist Recruitment
Brand New Role! Service Transition Manager
Your new company
New exciting role with a top Utilities company on the south coast!
Location: Flexible, for people who can carry out their activity from almost anywhere whilst C-19 restrictions are in place. However, once restrictions are lifted, you will be expected to work from the West Sussex site, at least two days per week. Please note that ideally, we are looking for the candidates based within commutable distance of Durrington, West Sussex Hours: 37 (Monday to Friday, + IT Standby) Positions: 1 Contract: Permanent Salary: Up to £41400 p.a. subject to experience Benefits: Up to 11% pension contribution; performance related annual bonus; 25 days holiday plus bank holidays; Perk Box (discount scheme); BUPA health cash plan
Your new role
Overall purpose of the role The IT Service Transition Manager is responsible for leading the service transition process at a project level. This role is responsible for the governance and quality of Service Transition Management and Acceptance into Service process through its service lifecycle. Scope of role
* Responsible for managing the end to end Service Transition process delivery within a project and use of agreed templates and governance
* Provides guidance on the Service Transition process to Project Managers and the wider Service Delivery Management Team, referring to the Service Transition Management (STM) Lead for any Programme level guidance
* Represents the views of Service to the Project Manager and represents the Project to the Service delivery and support teams providing guidance when necessary
* Represents Service Transition at Project Governance Meetings, providing guidance on the Service Transition process when required
* Is a member of the Service Delivery Management team and can be an advocate for Service Management where required
* Works on more straightforward or clearly defined IT Transition projects - ensures clarity on the division of responsibilities for service components ensuring there are no gaps in the provision of the full end to end service within SW IT delivery responsibilities
* Undertakes management of the Service Transition Manager elements of the Service Transition Management process for the Programme they are working on,
* Seeks guidance and direction from Service Transition Management Lead or Specialists, if and when necessary to ensure effective delivery of Service Transition deliverables
* As a Service Transition Management team member, they will actively support the identification of new Risks and Issues on the Project and Service Availability Risk Register along with potential risk mitigation and reduction strategies
* Manages Service Transition Management elements of the project RAID
* Arranges Internal Service Acceptance Board (SAB) when it is agreed with the allocated Service Delivery Manager and Project Manager that sufficient progress has been made to organise a SAB.
* Assures evidence from the Project Manager that testing against the Business Requirements has been signed off * Attends and Minutes the SAB decision, including any Pre or Post Go-Live actions
* Assures evidence of project delivery against any Pre and Post Go-Live actions
* Where an Acceptance into Service (AIS) Board is necessary, manages the AIS Board once Project Manager has evidenced their delivery against Post Go-Live actions from the SAB Experience and capability requirements * Service Transition Management experience
* Experience of working effectively with Service Management teams
* ITIL V2, V3 or V4 Foundation as a minimum
What you'll need to succeed
* Project Management delivery experience
* Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to exercise good judgement to find solutions - respecting process, but focussing on outcomes
* Very thorough, with excellent attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of quality within a professional services organisation
* Very strong time management and planning skills, proactively identifying, escalating
* Positive, flexible and adaptable with a 'can-do' attitude to overcoming challenges in a demanding delivery environment
* Ability to use understanding of the different communication channels and formats to effectively engage with various audiences, adapting approach where required
* Experience in understanding and executing defined process and templates
* Significant experience in or working with IT Service management discipline(s)
* The individual must be comfortable with objectively challenging and convincing their peers, superiors and reports to ensure adherence to agreed quality standards (this equally applies to 3rd party suppliers).
* Ability to work effectively under pressure in a collaborative environment with other service and technical disciplines with demanding priorities
* Experienced in building and maintaining long term relationships with relevant stakeholders building trust with new audiences to ensure they are included in critical service discussions
* Experience of working effectively with both Internal and External Service delivery and Architecture teams
* A good level of IT knowledge and experience to understand any Issues and / or Risks raised and to anticipate potential problems with the transition Desirable
* Agile Project Management and Transition
* Programme Management experience
* Service Management experience
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.