Third Party Claims Negotiator
Up to £26000.00 per annum
Haywards Heath, Sussex
Hays Specialist Recruitment
Third Party Claims Negotiator / Haywards Heath / £26,000
Do you have motor insurance expertise within financial services and worked within a claims handling environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for a number of Third Party Claims Negotiators to join our Third Party team in West Sussex.
This role we offer:
* Clear Progression Matrix
* Fully supportive team throughout
* Hybrid working 3 days from home and 2 days in the office after probation
* Generous basic salary up to £26,000 - Depending on experience
* Fantastic company benefits
* £100 off your car insurance!
* A fun place to work
Operating daily 7.5hrs shifts between the hours of 8am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday which are open to flexibility and hybrid working of 2 days in the office. Your role as a Third Party Claims Negotiator is to proactively record and process claims in accordance with our principles and procedures, and to maintain files within our service standards. You'll deal with allocated claims as quickly and efficiently as possible from outset to conclusion within FCA regulations, and legislative and policy guidelines. As well as our award-winning motor insurance broker, which has successfully built a customer base of over 1 million.
* Proactively record, process and settle claims in accordance with our principles and procedures, and to maintain files within our service standards
* Ensure that all files are reserved accurately and promptly within our reserving philosophy
* Be personally responsible for ensuring the reserves fully reflect the level of damages on each file
* Process cheques on claims files as required and in accordance with your authorities
* Identify and champion potential fraudulent claims and action as per guidelines
* Ensure liability is agreed within existing case law and accident circumstances
* Effectively negotiate with customers, suppliers and all relevant third-party representatives
* Adhere to and consider all regulatory requirements at all times, including TCF, DPA, AML and Anti Bribery principles, and ensure all direct reports are compliant
* Comply with health and safety policies at all times
* Ensure compliance with company standards/regulations at all times
* Any other reasonable duties as required
* Experience of handling claims (including reserving)
* Dealing with insurers and/or claimants and/or defendants knowledge of motor claims
* Understanding of liability, reserving, assessment, payments, different claimants and claimant representatives
* Good MS office skills
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Negotiation and influencing skills
* Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work
* Problem-solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
* Strong customer service skills
* Good numeracy and literacy skills
* Decision making and communication skills
* Commercial awareness
What can we do for you?
* Fantastic training and development opportunities
* Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
* Flexible working
* YOUday - we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
* The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
* A health cash plan
* Help with travel expenses
* The opportunity to buy additional holiday
* Company pension scheme
* Group life assurance
* Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
* Professional subscription fees paid
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.