Not logged in to Jobsinsussex.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Senior Software Developer
Up to £63600.00 per annum
Hays Specialist Recruitment
Senior Software Engineer Worthing (Hybrid) Up to £63,600
Your new company
A national, well known household name who provide essential services all year round. With offices based across multiple regions, this role is headquartered in their Worthing office. They are currently in an exciting period for IT transformation as they are strategically changing the way they deliver IT support and services to their business and end users. For this transformation to be successful they are introducing a new IT Application Team. This will be the delivery unit for the company's users requiring IT support and services along with support, delivering strategic and tactical projects.
Your new role
As part of an ongoing IT Transformation, we are actively recruiting for a new seasoned, experienced Senior Software Developer to help maintain applications, and with the development of projects. Your duties will be to build software by writing code, modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, and improve its performance or interfaces. You will also be involved in unit/system testing and validation procedures, and also working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
What you'll need to succeed
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree.
* Demonstrable experience of software development life-cycles including Waterfall, Agile
* Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
* Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
* Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
* Demonstrable experience of coding standards, code libraries, code repositories, re-platforming, development standards, producing documentation, code quality assurance
What you'll get in return
Up to 11% pension contribution; performance related annual bonus; 25 days holiday plus bank holidays; Perk Box (discount scheme); BUPA health cash plan
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.