Surveying Technical Advisor
£24000 - £27000 per annum
Pearson Whiffin Recruitment
Job Title: Surveying Technical Advisor
Location: Tonbridge, potential for hybrid working following probation
Our client, an established insurance company, have an opening for a Surveying Technical Advisor to join their busy Building Services team.
This is an office-based role providing technical advice for buildings insurance claims and validating desktop reports.
* Providing a high-quality service to customers updating them on their building insurance claim assessments and outcomes.
* Completing desktop validations and reviewing the scope of reinstatement works.
* Progressing and updating claims including updating reserves, cash settlement payments, contractor instructions and closing claims as required.
* Providing first stage support to Customer Services on complaints relating to building claims.
* Reviewing estimates and negotiating costs with approved suppliers and private contractors, including reviewing variations.
* Identifying cases with high potential for cost savings or repudiation and arranging for a Surveyor site visit.
* Providing technical support to the claims team on building repairs, methodology and pathology as required.
* Overseeing and managing Motor Third Party Property damage instructions.
The successful candidate will have:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including Level 2 qualifications in Maths and English.
* Solid experience within the insurance sector, ideally Buildings.
* Confident IT skills, ideally with experience of using Xactware or other estimating software.
* Great organisation skills, with accuracy and attention to detail demonstrated at all times.
* Tact and assertiveness handling difficult conversations where there may be disagreement.
* The ability to work well under pressure, meeting clear deadlines and targets.
* A commitment to providing excellent customer service.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and positive company and contribute to the continued success of the Building Services team.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply online for immediate consideration.
This role is being handled by Leah Hall, Business Support Consultant for Pearson Whiffin Recruitment.
Not quite the right role but still looking?
Whether you are entry or Executive level, our team of experienced Recruitment specialists can help you with your career. We are Kent's leading independent consultancy and pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Find us on Facebook @PearsonWhiffinRecruitment and Instagram @PearsonWhiffinRecruitment.
By working with us, you will be helping support charities across Kent; we have raised over £50,000 so far!
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.